How to get on the iTunes store without ripping your own face off in frustration.
I am not a big fan at all of social media but from the beginning of this project I knew it would have to be involved in some way.
I thought I'd encountered the most difficult things Unity could throw at me...
Flappy bird was infamous for it's difficulty, but it's learning curve was actually quite shallow. A player might die 10 times in the first minute, but very quickly they would get a feel for the game, start being able to guide the bird through a few pipes, and after quarter of an hour be able to set a score in the double digit.
These last few days I've been designing power-ups to give players an edge when they are struggling and to make the game more lively and interesting.
I mentioned last time I was going to make a shop and look into the need for an options menu. After looking at similar games and thinking about it, I decided an options menu was definitely more important.
As I mentioned last time, I started doing my tutorial over the weekend. After the trouble I had with the end-game scenario, the opening was much easier.
I've managed to put quite a nice game over scenario together in the last few days. I didn't want any game over screens to retract from the action and I'm quite confident I've achieved that.
It's an unfortunate fact that no matter how good a game is, if it doesn't look good no one will want to play it. So this blog post is all about how I did that. Or at least tried too.
So today I rounded up the art, coding and implementation of the 4 enemies in the game. I'll give you a rundown of them now.
Art sucks. I don't like it.
I got a lot done over the weekend and I've pretty much finished the majority of the coding... for now... I think.
Eughh... so last time I casually mentioned how I'd like the rope to extend from the player to its target, instead of just instantly appearing there. I thought it would be a couple of simple lines of code.
I did a bit of tidying up today, or at least tried to.
In my last post I mentioned how I wanted to conserve the momentum of the action created using vector3.movetowards. I began by literally trying to do just that. Pass the values that equated to "momentum" into a variable and pass it along to the phase after the button had been released. This was an awful idea and accomplished nothing.
Straight away, the first point of development becomes so fiendishly difficult I consider sewing a USB port into my chest so I may better understand how our computer overlords think.
to start with, I will be setting out plans of what I want this game to be before I even start making it. When it's finished, It will be interesting to come back and compare the final product to this list.